Saturday, February 19, 2011

1-10-11

New Companion--Elder Pulsipher 1-7-11 Transfer




Dear Family of Mine,


This week was not very eventful but I think we did a few good things.
As you know last friday was transfer day and I got transferred yet again. I have been moved to pretty much the boonies of Harkov. I was transferred to HaTaZa(ХТЗ). I am with Elder Pulsipher. He is a great kid from Colorado but he used to live in Glenn Beck's ward up in Connecticut. He a conservative boy which is pretty awesome so ya we get along really well.
In my new area we have met with a few people. They speak English so it was really cool. One is named Sasha (we run into lots of those cuz people here don't have a variety of names). We taught him about the Book of Mormon and why it was important to have it with the Bible. I don't know where things are going to go with him because I don't think he understands that we have the authority to perform the ordinances of God. So we pray for him to understand that. We also met with a long time investigator Sergei. He is an English teacher and knows English basically as a native. I had lots of fun with him. Its basically like having a friend cuz we joked with him like no other. It was great. I got to talk to him about my experiences in life and what change has happened for me. I want this guy to get baptized. He knows the Book of Mormon well and also knows the Bible. So he was good to talk to.
In my new Branch I got to bear my testimony. It is still so nerve racking to get up in front of people. It was good though. This Branch is slightly smaller than my last one. But I hear that we might be combining our branch with the other branch in our area so it could be bigger. So that will be really freaking good.
A little bit about my area. It is the Ghetto of Harkov. Seriously it is not safe to be out at night. I heard people have died in this area and that's a little scary. That was just last transfer, too. So ya it's a crazier area than my last one, but hey the work goes on.
I love it here and hey I have a year and six months or so left so I got my time to put in.
I love and miss you all,
Bubbs

No comments: