Saturday, February 19, 2011

1-31-11

Харьков Тракторний Завод (Harkov Tractor Factory)


Paving the way in front of the church building
Дорогой Семья,

Hello hello from the Ukraine. It is Monday today and it is roughly..........-10C this morning. No biggy though. Don't worry about that cold I had, it was only a day thing and I am completely fine now.

I'm glad they like the fat ties. I am a very big fan of them. I have some. The Russian Doll is called a матрёшка (matroshka). They have some very interesting ones here. The one I got you is a Russian fairytale but I don't know what the tale is because the lady neglegted to tell me what it was. So whatevs.
This week was an interesting week. It has been hard for one reason and one reason alone. We had to make a decision with Sergei. We either had to drop him and let other missionaries pick him up on a later date when he decides to accept our message or he accepted it now and we work towards baptism. We had to drop him. The reason for this hard decision is the startling discovery we made about him. He has a problem with our stance on what happened with Prop. 8 in California. We had a meeting with him last night and we gave him an ultimatum. Accept our message or we leave. I never thought I would have to do something like that but it comes down to one thing. We met with you and we gave you our message. You haven't accepted it and you have been taught many times and our message will never change like you hope it does. It was a difficult decision but we have done all we can for him and he won't accept us. We hit a wall with him and it is sad, but it had to be done.

On a better note we put one of our investigetors, Sasha, on date. We hope this goes somewhere with him cuz baptisms don't come all that often to us here in Ukraine.

Well I love you all and I hope you all have a very wonderful week.

Love,

Bubbs

No comments: